Certified Designer Membership is open to individuals who are currently KBDi Designer Members, and have successfully applied for (and been granted) accreditation as a KBDi Certified Kitchen Designer (CKD Au) or KBDi Certified Bathroom Designer (CBD Au). To apply for KBDi Accreditation, applications must meet the criteria set out here.
- ‘Recognised qualifications’ are: Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree from a Registered Training Organisation, University or College in a built environment design discipline (nationally recognised training).
Fee for Certified Designer Membership: $410 per annum (including GST)
#1 Knowledge + Know How, Business Bootcamp, Design Trends + Inspiration
Through a variety of events (local, national and international), a comprehensive awards program, the consistent distribution of emailed newsletters and a member-focused and accessible website, KBDi aims to continually inform and inspire its membership. Events and content are structured with a focus on design knowledge and know how, business skills applicable to design consultancies, national and international trends and business and design inspiration. (See privileges for more information).
#2 Professional Development + Training Opportunities
KBDi encourages the ongoing professional development of members, facilitated through the delivery of industry-relevant professional development sessions tailored to suit kitchen and bathroom designers (developed by our Education Partner, Designer Training Australia). Our strong relationship with DTA also affords members significantly discounted short courses and accredited training.
#3 Industry Credibility
As a member of an industry-targeted organization you demonstrate to your clients, future employers, industry colleagues and others that you value your profession and care about what you do. With contribution to our consumer publications (see #5), and participation at Home Show ‘Ask an Expert’ stands (see #6), members also have the opportunity to further position themselves as industry leaders and design professionals.
#4 Design & Business Resources
With a dedicated Member Resources page, KBDi Members have access to a number of tools for use in their design business, including templates, consumer brochures, industry updates and more.
#5 Engagement with Consumers + Industry Profiling
Our consumer-targeted website is a ‘one stop shop’ for consumers, with the primary purpose of educating homeowners of the value of engaging professional designers. As a member, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to this site with informative news articles and picture galleries. Your potential new clients will recognise you as an industry authority, and have confidence in engaging your services.
#6 Home Show Representation
KBDi participates in a number of Home Shows across the country. Members are invited to join KBDi’s ‘Ask an Expert’ stands to share their skills and knowledge. You’ll meet renovation-ready clients and build a bank of leads, and enjoy the results of Home Show exposure without additional expenditure.
- A profile on the KBDi Find a Designer page featured on our consumer website, along with the inclusion of twelve project photos and a link to your website and/or social media page.
- An invitation to participate on Home Show rosters (with priority over Designer and Associate Designer Members).
- An invitation to participate in the annual KBDi Designer Awards program to compete for chapter, state and national awards (including the Australian Certified Designer of the Year category).
- An invitation to attend local chapter events and participate in professional development sessions.
- Access to further learning opportunities following the above noted PD sessions, as provided by KBDi Education Partner, Designer Training Australia.
- An invitation to participate in annual national KBDi Conference/Symposium.
- An invitation to participate in KBDi Designers International Tour.