KBDi Code of Ethics
When submitting an application to join the Kitchen & Bathroom Designers Institute, potential (and renewing) members are acknowledging their commitment to the following Code of Ethics:
1. As members of KBDi, we shall maintain and enhance the reputation, standing and good name of KBDi and the industry in general. We will, at all times, conduct business with honesty and integrity, and perform in free competition with others. We will refrain from criticising the actions or damaging the reputation of competitors who are KBDi members, either directly or by implication.
2. We will be informed of the provisions and requirements of the laws applicable to our business duties, all other essential facts and public policies which affect such business duties and will duly comply with all requirements by statute or common law.
3. We will not in any way misrepresent our product or service in any form of advertisement and we will ensure that all claims and descriptions made in any such form of advertising are genuine and in no way misleading.
4. We will always strive to achieve high standards of service, maintain technical currency and competency through professional development. We will encourage technical advancement, research and development within the kitchen and bathroom industry.
5. Should any member breach the Code of Ethics, the KBDi Board may deal with the member by any of the following:
- suspension of membership
- expulsion from the KBDi in accordance with its Constitution Clause 2.7.