We’re thrilled to announce that the KBDi Design Symposium 2017 will be held in Adelaide on 15 + 16 September. We’re busy planning the finer details of a very comprehensive program, with sessions including:
- Keynote Presentation: Let’s Begin with the Why – a behavioural approach to success with Paul Herring
- Seeing Green: incorporating living elements in your interiors
- A guided tour of iconic designer Linda Jackson’s Utopia Collection (at the Gallery of SA)
- Top of Mind Design: environmental neuroscience meets interior design
- Techno Retreats: the new Bathroom Bliss – how technology is changing Australian bathroom design
- Design Styles & Styling Designs
and much more!
A full program will be released soon, but in the meantime see FAQ’s below.
When and Where?
The KBDi Design Symposium 2017 will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel Adelaide on Friday, 15 September and Saturday, 16 September. While some Symposium sessions will be held outside of this venue, the Hotel will be our primary base for the two day event, so staying here will be the most convenient option.
Where should I stay?
Accommodation is not included in the Symposium package, but we have secured a special KBDi Conference Room Rate for delegates. Contact the Intercontinental Hotel directly to book a King Superior Room with breakfast for up to two guests for the rate of $240/night (including GST). Make sure you mention the KBDi event when booking, and act quickly – limited rooms available! Phone the Hotel Reservations line on (08) 8246 7613, or make your KBDi booking here.
When should I arrive/fly out?
Interstate delegates must book their own travel to Adelaide, so start looking for flight specials today! The Certified Designers Forum will kick off at 9.30am on Friday morning (15 September), so we’d recommend getting in the night before if you’re not a fan of early starts. The Symposium will commence with registrations at 11.15am on Friday, and will wrap up at approximately 4pm on Saturday (16 September), and our ‘night of all nights’ Awards Gala will open at 7pm. Why not make the most of your weekend and head home Sunday afternoon?
Symposium + GalaMember Rate
- This standard rate is for all current financial KBDi Members. It includes all Symposium activities, along with a ticket to the KBDi Designer Awards Gala to be held on the evening of Saturday, 16 September, 2017.
Symposium + GalaAward Entrants Rate
- This special rate is exclusive to Members who entered the KBDi Designer Awards 2017 program. The rate includes all Symposium activities, along with a ticket to the KBDi Designer Awards Gala to be held on the evening of Saturday, 16 September, 2017.
Symposium + GalaMember Partner Rate
- This rate is for personal partners of current financial KBDi Members. It includes all Symposium activities, along with a ticket to the KBDi Designer Awards Gala to be held on the evening of Saturday, 16 September, 2017.
Individual Gala TicketMembers & Guests
- This standard rate is for individual guests who have NOT entered in the KBDi Designer Awards 2017. The price does not include Symposium or Symposium Welcome Drinks (Friday night).
Individual Gala TicketAward Entrants Rate
- This special rate is exclusive to Members who entered the KBDi Designer Awards 2017 program. The rate does not include the Symposium or the Symposium Welcome Drinks (Friday night).
Gala Table of EightTable of Eight Members & Guests
- This rate is for a table of eight at the KBDi Designer Awards Gala. All eight guests must be registered on the one form. This price does not include Symposium or Symposium Welcome Drinks (Friday night).
KBDi Design Symposiums are held in conjunction with our annual KBDi Designer Awards Gala events. In 2016 we enjoyed our most successful event to date, with members experiencing two jam-packed days of touring in Melbourne (see the highlights below).
KBDi’s inaugural Design Symposium was a huge success with Members, with plenty of laughter, learning and design inspiration throughout the two day event.
The Design Symposium kicked off with a fantastic presentation by Justin van Nierop at Urban Edge Ceramics. An entertaining presentation by well-known architect, Melissa Bright (MAKE Architecture) was hosted in Smeg’s Collingwood Showroom, where in true Smeg-style, guests were well and truly wined and dined. E & S Trading’s Rob Sinclair shared his brilliant business insights at the third stop of the day, and Albedor opened their factory doors to the group for a hugely informative ‘Shop Talk’. Graham Jones inspired and entertained us in the beautiful surrounds of the Yarra Valley’s Rochford Winery, we we enjoyed a delectable lunch thanks to sponsors, Blum.