KBDi Affiliate Member, Nina Slade of Prymore Pty Ltd, is a business consultant with a primary focus on the cabinet making and kitchen industry. With over 17 years’ experience in the industry, Nina works with business owners to minimise their business stresses and maximize their success. In this article, she shares some effective phrases that can help keep a customer calm when things turn sour…
It takes months to find a customer and seconds to lose one – Catherine DeVrye
The above quote is so true – especially in the kitchen and bathroom industries. The decision to sign up can be emotional journey for a customer – whether it be dealing with change, parting with lots of money or trusting someone to do an exceptional job that will be visual to all that enter their home.
So what happens when you have established a rapport with a customer and something goes wrong? How do you or your staff go about keeping the customer calm?
Below are some short but effective phrases that I highly recommend you print out and place near the phones in your showroom or office. By having them visual and within arm’s reach, anyone’s natural reaction to be ‘defensive’ is stopped by looking at these phrases. Remember the customer just wants to be heard.
- What can we do to make you happy?
- No wonder you are feeling frustrated
- Please tell me what happened as I am listening
- We value your business, so we want to resolve this for you quickly
- I am sure we can find a solution
- Let me write this down so that I have got it right
- Can you please help me with some details so we can start fixing this
- I can see why you feel this way
- We will make it right
- I am here to help you
- Let me see if I understand clearly……
- I see what you mean
- What do you think is a fair way to settle this /sort this out?
- I will go to work on this immediately
- Thank you for bringing this to our attention
The right words can make a big difference and save a client that could otherwise be lost in seconds.
Contact Nina today for a free, no obligation chat about how she can help you and your business.
m: 0414 4447 104