Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance
Exclusive to KBDi Members
If you provide service or advice to your customers, you could potentially face a claim for damages arising from an act, error or omission culminating in a breach of your professional duties. Unlike a public liability claim (which can only be triggered if there is third party injury or property damage), a professional indemnity claim can be instigated by a financial loss of your client or a third party contractor.
Further to the above, if you charge fees for your service and advice, most (if not all) public liability policies will then also exclude claims for injury or damage that may arise from a breach of your professional duty. You will require professional indemnity coverage to respond to such claims.
We have worked closely with our insurance partners, CMIB, to tailor a combined Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance Policy specifically suited to professionals in the interior design industry, including the niche areas of kitchen and bathroom design. We’ve negotiated a Master Policy exclusive to KBDi Members, meaning we’ve leveraged our group buying power to get you the best cover at the best price.
KBDi does not hold an Australian financial services licence. We recommend you (the person subscribing to the policy) consider obtaining your own financial product advice through our broker CMIB.
KBDi Public & Products Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance Application
Important information regarding your insurance application/proposal
- Design Consultants (automatically covered under master policy)
- Design and Project Consulting (automatically covered under master policy)
- Design, Manufacture, Install &/or Project Management (individual policy required)
- Other activities (individual policy required)
- (Note: you can click on the information icons - look for the little 'i' - within the online application to read the definitions of activities.)