As the new financial year looms, we often get motivated to think about the best way to spend our business dollars. New car? New computer? What about investing in some knowledge?
KBDi’s Education Partner, Designer Training Australia, offers a comprehensive and industry relevant qualification that will add a whole new level of learning and professionalism to your trade. While the course can be undertaken by industry newbies, the depth of the course content makes it well worthwhile for those who’ve been in the game for a while; a nationally recognised qualification shows your future employers and clients that you’re committed to your profession and armed with up-to-date skills and knowledge.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
The course includes:
- Communicating with clients and taking the design brief
- Completion of a site survey and identification of and understanding existing services and construction methods
- Accurate measuring of existing space
- Design solutions to meet the client brief
- Ergononics, and planning considerations for kitchens and/or bathrooms
- Creation of concept plans
- Drafting to Australian Standards (AS1100)
- 2D CAD orthographic drawings including floor plans, elevations, and mechanical plans
- 3D CAD renders of concepts
- Quotations and contracts
- Project planning and timelines
- Selection of colours, finishes, appliances, fixtures, fittings and accessories
- Understanding cabinet construction and installation methods
The structure of the course allows you to fit your study in and around your work commitments, at times and locations best suited to you. With a great appreciation for working students, Designer Training Australia also offer elective streams that suit your interests, time-frame and importantly, your budget.
Are you ready to take the next step? Do you want to add a nationally recognised qualification to your resume or portfolio? Enrolments commence on 3 July – contact DTA today to learn more.