KBDi Associate Designer Membership is open to individuals who are currently working as designers, but have not attained one of the following recognised qualifications:
- ‘Recognised qualifications’ are: Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree from a Registered Training Organisation, University or College in a built environment design discipline (nationally recognised training).
2019 Fee for Associate Designer Membership: $420 per annum (including GST) or 12 payments of $38 per month.
Benefits of KBDi Associate Designer Membership include:
#1 Knowledge + Know How, Business Bootcamp, Design Trends + Inspiration
Through a variety of events (local, national and international), a comprehensive awards program, the consistent distribution of emailed newsletters and a member-focused and accessible website, KBDi aims to continually inform and inspire its membership. Events and content are structured with a focus on design knowledge and know how, business skills applicable to design consultancies, national and international trends and business and design inspiration. (See privileges for more information).
#2 Professional Development + Training Opportunities
KBDi encourages the ongoing professional development of members, facilitated through the delivery of industry-relevant professional development sessions tailored to suit kitchen and bathroom designers (developed by our Education Partner, Designer Training Australia). Members can also access short courses and accredited training.
#3 Industry Credibility
As a member of an industry-targeted organization you demonstrate to your clients, future employers, industry colleagues and others that you value your profession and care about what you do.
#4 Design & Business Resources
With a dedicated Member Resources page, KBDi Members have access to a number of tools for use in their design business, including templates, consumer brochures, industry updates and more.
Further to the above, KBDi Associate Designer Members are offered the following privileges:
- An invitation to participate in the annual KBDi Designer Awards program to compete for chapter, state and national awards.
- An invitation to attend local chapter events and participate in professional development sessions.
- Access to further learning opportunities following the above noted PD sessions, as provided by KBDi Education Partner, Designer Training Australia.
- An invitation to participate in annual national KBDi Conference/Symposium.
- An invitation to participate in KBDi Designers International Tour.