KBDi were delighted to welcome Nover to our team of Partners in 2021.
Founded in 1954, the family-owned company has been a long-time supplier to Australia’s kitchen, joinery, shop-fitting and furniture industries. With over 25,000 products in 17 categories, they have plenty to share with our broader membership.
Members who attended our recent videoconference were introduced to Nover’s alfresco kitchen solutions.
Nover’s Phil Burns highlighted the importance of specifying carcase materials, surfaces and hardware best suited for the climate of the home. He noted that designers should always consider:
- Exposure to the elements: is the joinery to be fully undercover or semi-protected? Will the hardware (hinges and handles) and sinks stand up to the environment? Will the joinery be protected from blowing rains?
- Temperature variants: does the area experience extreme heat or cold? How will the selected materials respond?
- Orientation: will the joinery cop the fierce western sun or some less intense morning rays?
Phil also noted the importance of considering warranties associated with both surface materials and the appliances. Questions that should always be asked and answered in the design phase include:
- What kind of appliances will the client be installing?
- Does the barbeque manufacturer set out specific requirements for shielding between the appliance and adjoining surfaces?
- Is a stainless steel shroud required to meet product warranty requirements and Australian Standards?
Nover have compiled a stack of resources specific to alfresco design. Click on the links below to access the relevant PDF brochures.