KBDi Designer Awards 2020 – Virtual Gala
While we’d love to be getting ready for our in-the-real and much-loved glittering Gala, we hope our KBDi community will rally together in this virtual platform. We all need a bit of design-inspired joy right now – some more than others – and we look forward to welcoming as many of our Members, peers and friends as we can gather this Friday night.
How does a virtual gala work?
Step 1 (do this one today): save your spot by registering here.
This link will provide all the details you’ll need to gain access to the event, along with some tips for virtual networking. TIP: Keep your password handy – you’ll need it again on Friday night.
Step 2 (work on this before Friday): gather your crew!
This is a great time to join your industry peers and loved ones for a night of celebration! While we can’t get together face-to-face, we can play a neat little game: co-ordinate team members, colleagues, clients, friends and family to join you at a table in our virtual ballroom.
Step 3 (Friday night): enter the ballroom.
You will have been sent an email when you completed step one above. Use the link in this email to enter the ballroom (i.e. access the virtual event). Make sure your mic and webcam are working, and join your peers in the KBDi virtual ballroom.
Virtual Networking (here’s how…)
When you’ve entered the ballroom:
- You’ll automatically be allocated a seat. You can run your mouse over chairs to see who is sitting at your table and say g’day to your table mates (video or audio chats are available).
- If you’re a mover-and-mingler, hover over surrounding chairs, double click on a table and click on a spare chair to join in.
- Need a quiet word with a friend? You can private chat (or public chat) with other attendees.
- If you have questions, look for the Help Lounge in the room – someone will help you out.
- Announcements will be made to guide you through the event.
- Top up your glass, sit back and enjoy the show.
- Be sure to comment on the outstanding work and achievements of your peers. Text chat only will be switched on during this time.
- If you’re the winner of KBDi Australian Kitchen Designer of the Year, KBDi Australian Bathroom Designer of the Year or KBDi Australian Certified Designer of the Year, we’d love to hear from you. Be prepared for a live cross so we can share the love.
Traditionally we have a few hang-abouts at our Galas. If you’re keen to mingle after the official proceedings, we’ve got you covered. We’ll be keeping our ballroom open for a little while after the formal event so you can congratulate winners and share comments.
KBDi Virtual Ballroom House Rules
We ask all participants using the chat functions to act respectfully. Profanity or derogatory remarks will not be tolerated, and you’ll be promptly given the boot.
- 6.00pm - 7.00pm
- Ballroom opens
- Let the games begin! Join your fellow designers and industry peers for virtual drinks in our online ballroom. Connect, catch up and get ready to celebrate!
- 7.00pm - approx 8.00pm
- Gala Awards Presentation
- Official proceedings get underway: join us as we reveal the KBDi Designer Awards STATE and NATIONAL winners. Who will be named Australia’s Finest in 2020?