A message from our Premier Partners, Multitap
From the makers of the beautiful Italian designed Multitap™ 3N1 comes the InSinkErator® Food Waste Disposer range offering a quick, convenient, and environmentally responsible way in managing food waste.
In our own backyard, over 5.3 million tonnes of food is wasted each year with around a third of the average household bin ending up as wasted food. Food waste sitting in landfill and kerbside produces methane, a dangerous greenhouse gas that is a known contributor to climate change. In fact, methane is 21 times more dangerous than carbon dioxide.
So how can InSinkErator help?
- Disposers divert food waste from landfills, helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions from decomposing waste and trucks transporting it.
- Food waste can be recycled into renewable energy at capable wastewater treatment plants and fed back into the grid.
- Wastewater treatment plants can process food waste into biosolids for land regeneration.
- Disposers use less than 1% of household water consumption and cost less than $3.50 a year in electricity.
- Food waste has a density of 1 mg/ml. So, if food waste is 70-90% water to begin with, and it has the same density as human waste and water, there should be no concerns about “solids” settling out in sewers and causing blockages and overflows. Properly designed and constructed sewers will transport this material very efficiently to the treatment plant without causing any issues.
- Importantly, the high carbon to nitrogen ratio will help the plants remove nutrients from their effluent, reducing the negative impacts of eutrophication on our streams, rivers and lakes.
The process is simple
Food scraps are swept into the sink and with the flick of a switch and turn of a tap, they are ground and flushed without blades through to a wastewater treatment plant. At capable treatment plants, methane from ground food waste can be captured and recycled into renewable energy instead of ending up in landfill.
Clutter-free counters are a constant trend in creating a clean and minimalist workspace. With the Multitap and InSinkErator range, there is no need for a kettle or a large bin, allowing precious storage and bench space to be saved. Get in touch with the InSinkErator team to book a product demonstration or learn more about their food waste disposer and instant steaming hot water tap range here.