Website Let's Talk kitchens & Interiors
Award winning, high-end, residential Interior Design & Build firm
Let’s Talk Kitchens & Interiors is looking for a passionate interior designer, who specialises in kitchen and bathroom design, to join the team at its Canterbury, Melbourne showroom.
Established in 1972, Let’s Talk Kitchens & Interiors (LTKI) is a mid to high-end, multi-award-winning company that offers quality, custom design solutions for all areas of the home that incorporate built in joinery & structural renovations. LTKI designs, builds and project manages bespoke kitchens, bathrooms, laundries, wardrobes, furniture and much more.
An opportunity exists for an experienced kitchen and bathroom designer or qualified interior designer with a flair and interest in kitchen and bathroom design to join our successful, close-knit team. While the role is primarily in the design and sales area, you will not be employed as a “salesperson” per se. LTKI’s ethos is based on doing the job creatively, thoroughly, correctly and ethically, with the client’s best interests at heart, so there is no need to “sell” its services.
Based in the Canterbury design studio, the successful candidate will use their design skills and building knowledge to consult with clients on a range of project types, from kitchens and bathrooms through to complete home renovations. You will be expected to meet with clients, both in the showroom and at their homes, to establish a design brief and create a design proposal to suit their lifestyle and needs. Also, you will be specifying and helping your clients select all finishes, fixtures and appliances for their project and preparing accompanying design drawings and documentation. Having costed the project, you will be required to produce a scope of works for each job liaising with our tradespeople. You will also work closely with our scheduling and project management staff to ensure your designs are executed and installed to the highest quality and guarantee satisfied, happy clients.
The successful candidates will have:
- Excellent design and CAD skills. Experience in Cabinet Vision, Pytha, AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, or similar.
- Minimum of Cert IV qualification in Kitchen & Bathroom design, or a recognised Interior Design qualification and/or similar building industry qualifications.
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience in a similar role designing domestic interior projects.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the square.
- A life mindset that says, “If it is to be, it’s up to me”.
- Great communication skills and attention to detail.
- A preparedness to always do more than is expected of you and see yourself as a team player.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the home renovation process.
- An enthusiastic attitude that enjoys the thrill of the chase
LTKI is offering a base retainer of $50,000/annum plus a very generous commission scheme which provides the potential for $150K.
Let’s Talk Kitchens & Interiors tries very hard to make earning a living fun, rewarding and profitable in a great team environment. Hard work is rewarded with great earning potential and the ability to enjoy a work/life balance. If you are interested in this opportunity, let’s talk!
To apply for this job please visit ltki.com.au.