Whether you are an independent designer or an employer of kitchen and bathroom designers, have you considered the benefits of a kitchen and bathroom design qualification?
The Certificate IV in Design of Kitchens, Bathrooms and Interior Spaces is the #1 course in Australia for those designing kitchens and bathrooms professionally.
Who does this course?
- Qualified Interior Designers
- Cabinet Makers
- Experienced kitchen and bathroom designers with no formal qualifications
- Anyone wanting to apply for accreditation as a Certified Kitchen Designer or Certified Bathroom Designer with KBDi
What do you learn?
- Communication with clients and the design brief
- Completion of a site survey and identification of and understanding existing services and construction methods
- Accurate measuring of existing space
- Design solutions to meet the client brief
- Ergononics, and planning considerations for kitchens and/or bathrooms
- Creation of concept plans
- Drafting to Australian Standards (AS1100)
- 2D CAD orthographic drawings including floor plans, elevations, and mechanical plans
- 3D CAD renders of concepts
- Quotations and contracts
- Project planning and timelines
- Selection of colours, finishes, appliances, fixtures, fittings and accessories
- Understanding of cabinet construction and installation methods
The course is run by distance education to suit full time workers. Learning support is available by phone and private remote classrooms so you always have contact with a real person.
DTA offer KBDi members a 20% discount on the course fees, and the next courses are commencing on the 6 February, 2017.
For more information, contact DTA on 1300 850 725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.