Designer Membership is open to those actively working as a kitchen, bathroom or interior designer or design consultant. This also includes cabinet makers and tradespeople who design kitchens and bathrooms.
Individual Designer Membership is $430 / year (including GST) or twelve payments of $38.90 per month.
There are three Membership Levels for those actively working as Designers. All new Membership applications default to Associate Designer but can quickly be upgraded upon submitting the relevant documentation required.
Those who are currently working as Designers or support staff to Designers.
The applicant must be actively working as one of the following:
- a host, consultant or designer working independently or for a business
- a consultant working in a kitchen or bathroom related industry
- a qualified cabinetmaker, plumber or tiler offering kitchen and/or bathroom design services
- in the employ (in any capacity) of a current financial KBDi Business Member Privileges
Those who have formal design qualifications and/or six years or more experience.
A) Criteria for applications based on qualifications
The applicant must have completed a formal qualification from a Registered Training Organisation, University or College (nationally recognised training), including:
- Cert IV in Design of Kitchens, Bathrooms and Interior Spaces
- Diploma of Interior design and Decoration
- Bachelor of Design (Interiors)
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Diploma of Building Design
- Overseas study deemed equivalent to above by KBDi
B) Criteria for applications based on experience
Applicants must provide evidence of:
- a minimum of 6 years experience as a designer (preferably but not exclusively in kitchen and bathroom design)
- a general work history outlining the above period, including activities undertaken in role, scope of projects etc.
- the name and contact details of a referee
- three client references/ testimonials attesting to their ability as a designer
This is the highest level of Membership available.
Certified Designer Members have successfully completed the KBDi Accreditation program earning them the post nominals CKD Au (KBDi Certified Kitchen Designer) and/or CBD Au (KBDi Certified Bathroom Designer).
Certified Designer Members also:
- Hold a Certificate IV in kitchens, bathrooms and interior spaces or equivalent proven experience
- Have a minimum of four years of continuous and current experience in kitchen and/or bathroom design
- Have had their portfolio of work judged by the National Certification Committee
- Have committed to ongoing professional development which must be maintained to uphold this category of membership
Business Group Membership
If you have multiple Designers joining as KBDi Members, you may be eligible for a group discount and the privilege of promoting your business name.
Business Group Membership is $650 / year (including GST) plus $205 /year for each additional Designer.
KBDi is proudly supported by the following Premier Partners: