There are three Member levels:
- Certified Designer
A company/business may wish to choose a KBDi Business Membership if a number of staff are intending on becoming members. A Business Membership allows multiple designers to become Members at a reduced rate. Each Member attached to the Business Membership will be required to complete a personal membership form and will be entitled to the benefits and privileges set out for their particular Member level (Associate, Designer, Certified Designer).
We offer two payment options for this membership.
Designer MembershipAnnual Payment
Designer Membership12 Month Payment Plan
Please note a $40 application fee applies for new memberships.
Designer Membership – Member Levels explained
Those who are currently working as Designers or support staff to Designers.
The applicant must be actively working as one of the following:
- a host, consultant or designer working independently or for a business
- a consultant working in a kitchen or bathroom related industry
- a qualified cabinetmaker, plumber or tiler offering kitchen and/or bathroom design services
- in the employ (in any capacity) of a current financial KBDi Business Member Privileges
Those who have formal design qualifications and/or three years or more experience.
A) Criteria for applications based on qualifications
The applicant must have completed a formal qualification from a Registered Training Organisation, University or College (nationally recognised training), including, but not limited to:
- Cert IV in Design of Kitchens, Bathrooms and Interior Spaces
- Diploma of Interior design and Decoration
- Bachelor of Design (Interiors)
- Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Architecture
- Diploma of Building Design
- Overseas study deemed equivalent to above by KBDi
B) Criteria for applications based on experience
Applicants must provide evidence of:
- a minimum of three years experience as a designer (preferably but not exclusively in kitchen and bathroom design)
- a general work history outlining the above period, including activities undertaken in role, scope of projects etc.
- the name and contact details of a referee
- three client references/ testimonials attesting to their ability as a designer
This is the highest level of Membership available.
Certified Designer Members have successfully completed the KBDi Accreditation program earning them the post nominals CKD Au (KBDi Certified Kitchen Designer) and/or CBD Au (KBDi Certified Bathroom Designer).
Certified Designer Members also:
- Hold a Certificate IV in kitchens, bathrooms and interior spaces or equivalent proven experience
- Have a minimum of four years of continuous and current experience in kitchen and/or bathroom design
- Have had their portfolio of work judged by the National Certification Committee
- Have committed to ongoing professional development which must be maintained to uphold this category of membership