Student Membership is open to individuals who are currently undertaking a recognised course in design in a built environment discipline and are not practising as designers.
- ‘Recognised courses’ are Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree from a Registered Training Organisation, University or College in a built environment design discipline (nationally recognised training).
- Student Membership is available once only, for a maximum of 2 continuous years. At the commencement of the third year of membership, the member will be upgraded (at the relevant cost) to Associate Designer or Designer level.
- A statement of enrolment is required each year to confirm Student status.
Fee for Student Membership: $110 per annum (including GST)
Benefits of Student Membership include:
Knowledge + Know How, Business Bootcamp, Design Trends + Inspiration
Through a variety of events (local, national and international), a comprehensive awards program, the consistent distribution of emailed newsletters and a member-focused and accessible website, KBDi aims to continually inform and inspire its membership. Events and content are structured with a focus on design knowledge and know how, business skills applicable to design consultancies, national and international trends and business and design inspiration. (See privileges for more information.)
Professional Development + Training Opportunities
KBDi encourages the ongoing professional development of members, facilitated through the delivery of industry-relevant professional development sessions tailored to suit kitchen and bathroom designers (developed by our Education Partner, Designer Training Australia). Our strong relationship with DTA also affords members significantly discounted short courses and accredited training.
As a member of an industry-targeted organization you demonstrate to your clients, future employers, industry colleagues and others that you value your profession and care about what you do.
Design & Business Resources
With a dedicated Member Resources page, KBDi Members have access to a number of tools for use in their design business, including templates, consumer brochures, industry updates and more.
Further to the above, Student Members are offered the following privileges:
- An invitation to participate in annual KBDi Designer Awards program (in the Student Category).
- An invitation to attend local chapter events and participate in professional development sessions.
- Access to further learning opportunities following the above noted PD sessions, as provided by KBDi Education Partner, Designer Training Australia.
- An invitation to participate in annual national KBDi Conference/Symposium.
- An invitation to participate in KBDi Designers International Tour.
Have a question about Student Membership? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch asap.